Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using apps via Open With context menu option.

2 posters

Go down

Using apps via Open With context menu option. Empty Using apps via Open With context menu option.

Post by Don101 Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:13 pm

I had the current version of LupoPensuite installed on a partition of my internal hard drive. Everything worked fine. I recently did some cleanup work on my drive and moved all my portable software to a flash drive. Now when I right click>Open With for PDF files I browse for Foxit, select it, click OK and nothing happens. Its as if Foxit is an empty file. The same thing happens with video files when I try to open with VLC video player.

I installed LupoPenSuite back on my hard drive and does not work there either.

Any idea what is wrong?

Don

Don101

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-02-09

Back to top Go down

Using apps via Open With context menu option. Empty Re: Using apps via Open With context menu option.

Post by Lupo73 Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:15 pm

Sorry for the late, this forum is not very used..

The problem is that Open With list of programs is a system setting and when you move a program to another directory, you need to associate it again in Open With menu.

If you desire to use your portable programs to open files even if your portable collection is stored on a external device, I recommend you to use "eXpresso" (a software included in Extra section) or "Coffee". They allow to use custom portable associations. I can help you to understand how to use them if you want.
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2008-07-30

http://www.lupopensuite.com/

Back to top Go down