Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6.65 doesn't work

3 posters

Go down

6.65 doesn't work Empty 6.65 doesn't work

Post by djh Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:39 pm

Hi -

I downloaded and installed (unpacked) 6.65 on a stick. Unlike 6.64, which I have on another stick, the newer version does not seem to work. Running the start an icon appears in the task bar, but clicking on the icon does not open the menu. It works just fine with 6.64.

I exchanged the versions on the various sticks to rule out that it is a problem with the stick. 6.64 works fine on all sticks, 6.65 does not work.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance,
Dirk

djh

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

6.65 doesn't work Empty Re: 6.65 doesn't work

Post by Lupo73 Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi djh, very strange problem. Are you sure that is not a problem of setting loading? Have you try to wait a couplet of minutes before click on the icon?
Otherwise, because of you are the first that report this problem, try to reinstall it..
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2008-07-30

http://www.lupopensuite.com/

Back to top Go down

6.65 doesn't work Empty Lupo PenSuite

Post by soa4u Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:27 pm

Hi, I have the same problem, that djh has. It started when the change happen from the simple menu that Lupo had to the new portableapps lookalike. With some luck it starts sometimes with much hassle (don't know how or why) and if I change the interface immediately to the old way it works with out a problem. If there is a ini file with some settings that allows the change I would gladly change. But I like the new design and would like to use it. I run it on Win XP-MCE/3GB/ATI x1900.

Any suggestions, *.ini changes, or fixes would help. Thanks.

soa4u

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupo73 Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:39 am

For the Suite we use a modified and customized version of an open source launcher developed by SalvadorSoftware. This means that problems like this, that concern the launcher itself, usually need an update of the launcher core (so unfortunately we couldn't fix them).

Instead, the problem you describe me is a little more strange, because doesn't occur every time. You ask if there is an ini to change something, but change what? You want to set manually the classic menu instead of the skinned one or you want to change something else?
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by soa4u Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:17 am

Yes exactly. I would like to be able to change the menu to the old standard so i can start the menu in the old way automatically and avoid the issue completely. Ohh, and by the way, I upgraded to 6.70 and the problem persists. It started ever since that change happened. At first I was considering, Firewall software that blocks software interactions, but I turned it of and it had no effect. Besides the firewall didn't mind the old starting mode of the lupo pensuite/asuite. I realize that there might not be a solution, but I'd appreciate, a fix, for future releases.

thanks.

soa4u

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupo73 Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:38 am

Can you post a screenshot of the issue? You can do it with FS ScreenCapture using hotkeys.. It could help me to understand and eventually we can report the issue to the official developer.

To set the Suite to use the classic mode directly, you have to open the "...Launcher\ASuite.xml" file with a text editor like Notepad++ and edit the following line (putting 1 instead of 0):
<ClassicMenu>1</ClassicMenu>
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down