Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DropIT Help - Rules and size of folders

2 posters

Go down

DropIT Help - Rules and size of folders Empty DropIT Help - Rules and size of folders

Post by comfortablynumb Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:56 am

I have an estimated 6 Terabytes of data that I would like to organize with your application and this data is stored on a network storage device. The data consists of many file types, Microsoft Word Documents, MS Excel files, MS PowerPoint files, PDF documents, music files, movie files of various formats, and most critically pictures that I cannot replace. There are many duplicate files for any of these types and there are also many other file types, I estimate hundreds of other file "extensions". I have created rules that move the file types I want to move to special folders and the rules work fine. However I have found that I get a message regarding file types not registered in my profile for dropit and then I create an association. What I would rather do is find out if it's possible to setup the application to move the file types I know I want into the special folders and then have all other files placed into a single folder so that I can review just that 1 folder manually, then I would determine what I want to keep and then run DropIT on that 1 folder to have it clean that up. I also am unable to find the guidelines on how much data dropit can organize in one process, I have attempted to use the "Right Click" option and "send to" dropit on a folder of about 4 to 5 gb and the program does not respond, but other folders it appears to work on folders that are about 4gb. Lastly I would like to delete empty folders and I do not see any documentation how to do that.

comfortablynumb

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

DropIT Help - Rules and size of folders Empty Re: DropIT Help - Rules and size of folders

Post by emdk Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:25 am

u could use a script language like Autohotkey and do:
Code:
FileRemoveDir, C:\Program Files
This wil remove the C:\Program Files directory only if it is empty.
you could also create your own dropit with autohotkey if you put some afford in it
an other example:
Code:
loop,5   ; loop as many times as needed so we remove the deepest directory first, then we move up
   loop,c:\Program Files\*.*,2,1 ; loop only folders recursively
      FileRemoveDir,%A_LoopFileLongPath% ; try to remove the directory

emdk

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-10-24

Back to top Go down