Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My list of recommendations

2 posters

Go down

My list of recommendations Empty My list of recommendations

Post by rider45 Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi Everyone

Ok so i'm new to Lupo and i've got to say of the 3 other front-ends for USB drives
I tested this one is very nice and the most customizible.

So far here is a list of items i'd like to see improved on or added.

1-A full help file with step by step instructions of ALL functions in Asuite & Options.
2-Add a couple of spaces for custom folders.
3-Allow user to change all font color and sizes.
4-Have both large and small icon switch.
5-Add a roll-up switch on the top title bar so you could have a mini mode. IE: you click
on once and the window rolls up to just the title bar click on it again and the full window opens.
6-Add and owner info box that shows owner address, phone, email and reward
7-Bug - custom window title does not seem to work in options\general.
8-Bug - manage addons in suite manager does not work (greyed out).
9-Add a switch in options to have Lupo remember to open in last location.
I don't like it always opening in the bottom right corner.
10-Change the up and down arrow scroll button to a classic scroll bar to the right.
11-Add classic right click to the task bar icon to show the "about","help","options" & "exit"
12-The close\exit button should have "shut down USB support"
13-The personal picture should be OPTIONAL as it is now all skins are stuck with an ulgy
box if you don't use a personal picture. or we have to make a patch personal picture that matches the skin.
14-Consider a dock option with auto hide.
15-Change the program "start.exe" name to "LupoPenSuite.exe" that way when the popup windows thats asks what
do you want to do it says "Start LupoPenSuite.exe not Start Start.exe" it looks better and more professional
i would know what i am starting when it say "Start LupoPenSuite"
16-Look at my post of thing to adjust for skinning in the forum.

I hope this helps make Lupo better, it's sill better then the others out there that i've found.

rider45

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

My list of recommendations Empty Re: My list of recommendations

Post by Lupo73 Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:28 pm

Thanks for these advices.. I'll try to improve some of them soon Wink

1. Good idea. I don't have so much time now (I hope that the official ASuite author will release this help file), but we can consider to improve tutorials and eventually to create a section with video-tutorials that explain some features of the Suite and the launcher (could you help me for it?).

2. What folders? In the right bar of the menu? If yes, the next stable release of ASuite will allow to have a max of 8 custom buttons.

3./4./5./6. You can ask these features to the ASuite author.

7. When will be available the new stable release of ASuite, I'll recompile it to have it customized for Lupo PenSuite project (I'll change icons, names and remove asuite update checker, but no new features will be added).

8. It isn't a bug, I'm working on many aspects of the project and so I have postponed its development to work on the rest (this is the most complex feature I have to improve for the project).

9./10./11./12./13. Other features that you have to ask to the ASuite author Smile
(anyway, if I'll have more time in future, I'd like to work on the launcher to improve it with some of your requested features)

14. I don't understand it..

15. I'll consider it, even if all tools are configured to work with the Start.exe starter, so I have to recompile other tools (as Suite Manager) to work fine with the new exe name.

16. I answered there..
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2008-07-30

http://www.lupopensuite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rider45 Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:29 am

Question Lupo

I asked -
3-Allow user to change all font color and sizes.

You replied -
3./4./5./6. You can ask these features to the ASuite author.

Asuite DOES allow you to change font & color, but we cannot change these in yours (PenSuite) part.
As you see in my LupoItalyFlag skin i had to add the (ugly) light green box on the right side where folders are
so you could read the default white text. Thats why it is important that we be able to change font colors to
work with different skin backgrounds.

rider45

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupo73 Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:01 pm

The launcher used in Lupo PenSuite at the moment is ASuite v1.5.1.2 (the last stable release of it).
With the new v1.5.2 it has introduced some useful features, but I'm waiting to use it because it's still a beta release. As soon as it will be released a new stable version of ASuite, I'll update it in Lupo PenSuite too (with all its new features) Wink
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2008-07-30

http://www.lupopensuite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down