Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updating

2 posters

Go down

Updating Empty Updating

Post by DanCardin Fri May 15, 2009 1:18 am

After trying to import my settings to the newest version, this happens...
Updating 11ta0pj
Updating 34qtzwg
Updating 2cghc21
Updating 2ed6tkz

Im guessing it works somewhat since torrent downloads from my old one are in the new folder. But what do i do to fix it?
Sad

DanCardin

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Updating Empty Re: Updating

Post by Lupo73 Fri May 15, 2009 2:35 pm

We can try to understand the problem, even if I'm not the author of the original launcher we used, so I don't exactly know all its errors.

- What is the new version you have downloaded and what old version you used before?
- What OS you use?
- What happens after you click OK on these errors?
- If you run the Suite from "[suitefolder]\Launcher\ASuite.exe", it start normally?
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2008-07-30

http://www.lupopensuite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DanCardin Fri May 15, 2009 8:18 pm

Lupo73 wrote:We can try to understand the problem, even if I'm not the author of the original launcher we used, so I don't exactly know all its errors.

- What is the new version you have downloaded and what old version you used before?
- What OS you use?
- What happens after you click OK on these errors?
- If you run the Suite from "[suitefolder]\Launcher\ASuite.exe", it start normally?
-6.65->6.72
-XP
-they happen in that order (the last 2 might be switched around) then it dies and doesnt start
-Same thing happens

DanCardin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupo73 Sat May 16, 2009 7:29 am

Ok, can you try to reinstall the Suite in a different folder (the last release 6.72) and try to run it? Then if it works, you can import your settings from the other installation with the Suite Manager. (another user wrote me about this problem yesterday and have resolved it reinstalling the Suite)
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanCardin Mon May 18, 2009 7:50 pm

i tried updating again. First i tried with the original 6.65, and it didnt error me, but neither did it take all of my added programs. I then tried with the package that had given me an error and the error persisted. I really only need to import settings for my added other software. None of it is in the lupo folder, so is there a way i can just edit the file directly and change all of the directories in one replace all thing or something?

DanCardin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupo73 Tue May 19, 2009 8:43 pm

I don't exactly understand what you need. Can you send me your old "[suite]\Launcher\ASuite.xml" file? But have you the problem before importing settings from the old release or after it?
If you need a personal Suite with your software, you can think to use the Zero version, created to be a customizable package for the user.
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanCardin Thu May 21, 2009 11:04 am

What i basically need is to take the list of programs that i manually added onto the launcher (these programs arent located in the asuite folder) and make sure that i can access them from the new asuite folder. So i was assuming that there might be a place where i could just copy the extra ones that i added (they're in their own seperate folders too, if that helps) and put it in the new suite.

DanCardin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupo73 Thu May 21, 2009 3:20 pm

The Suite is customized to automatically import menu links only from MyApps category of the menu itself. So, if you have added items in the Suite menu out of this category, or you have widely personalized the menu, you have to add them again.
For users that want to personalize their Suite menu we have created the Zero version of the Suite, that is only the launcher and that has a customized modality in the Suite Manager: when you import settings in this version (to update your Suite), you can import the whole menu list with all your personalized items.
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanCardin Thu May 21, 2009 11:50 pm

are you sure that i have to add them all in manually? I want all of the programs that are in the suite. But i have some folders added after like this -

Updating 153l177 the bottom folders contain the only programs i've added. Im fairly sure that i've imported them before (i think). There's no way that i cant just copy and paste stuff from the list that has all of the info for where that software is located, and paste it into the same spot in where ever file locations are located on the new one?

DanCardin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupo73 Fri May 22, 2009 2:58 pm

You can only think to copy corresponding lines from the old "[suite]\Launcher\ASuite.xml" file to the new one. It's not so hard, the important is that you close both versions before edit their xml files.

Otherwise you can think to do this:
- open the ASuite window (like to add additional apps) and temporary move your personal categories in Plus category
- close the old Suite and all portable software
- download and install the last Suite release (in a different folder from the old one)
- open the Suite Manager and import settings from the old release (during this procedure you have to select what you want to import: you have to select all options, in particular you have to import "MyApps".. it will import also your categories, moved in Plus, that in the new Suite will be available in MyApps)
It will import settings from default Suite apps and your customized items in the menu, that will be imported in MyApps category. Then, you could move your category out of MyApps, in the main list.
(make a backup before this process, to avoid any problem Wink )
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanCardin Fri May 22, 2009 7:31 pm

gah, still doesnt work Sad. I guess ill just put all the files in the myapps folder and do it manually this time Sad

DanCardin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupo73 Sat May 23, 2009 7:06 am

Ok...I can think to improve the Import Settings feature in one of the next releases (probably not in the next one). If you have advices or requests, write them here Wink ..and I'll try to do my best.
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DanCardin Sun May 24, 2009 1:20 am

other than importing all extra added software, i cant really think of anything.

DanCardin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down