Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to update Suite (Zero Version)

2 posters

Go down

update - How to update Suite (Zero Version) Empty How to update Suite (Zero Version)

Post by ralix Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:42 pm

I've installed a lot of portable apps, downloaded from various sites. Previously I used the suite from PortableApps. I changed to the Lupo PenSuite because the menu is more flexible and faster because it scans not the whole app directory on startup. I've installed the Zero Version and added all the apps I need. My app folder has nearly 2GB.

Now I want to update to the latest version of the suite. First I tried it like described, but in this case the update procedure will copy all my apps!? The copy process will take a long time and I think this is not necessary (at least for my apps). If I try to import an exported menu list I will lose all icons, also if I copy the cache folder to the new suite. On second start I get an "AutoIt Error": "Line -1: Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable"

How can I update only the Lupo PenSuite without losing my menu with icons and without copying all apps?

ralix

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

update - How to update Suite (Zero Version) Empty Re: How to update Suite (Zero Version)

Post by Lupo73 Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:42 pm

Dear ralix, the actual Import Settings feature is created to manage the importing between two Full (or Lite) versions. It doesn't mean that the procedure doesn't support the Zero version, but it is improved to import settings from pre-included apps and import apps from MyApps folder.
So at the moment this feature is able to import correctly only that apps are placed in MyApps folder. Given your request, I can try to improve this feature again to allow a more useful importing process.
Now I need your help and advices to decide how to improve it finely. Wink
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2008-07-30

http://www.lupopensuite.com/

Back to top Go down

update - How to update Suite (Zero Version) Empty Re: How to update Suite (Zero Version)

Post by ralix Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:53 pm

Ok, I found a way to update the Zero Version Very Happy

My first idea was right:
1. I extracted the new version into a temp folder
2. I renamed the old Launcher directory in the root folder of my stick
3. I copied the new Launcher folder and the start.exe into the root folder of my stick
4. I copied the cache directory and the ASuite.xml file from the old Launcher directory into the new one

If I start the suite now I will get the errors described in my first post.

I found a temp.txt file in the new Launcher directory. It looks like a broken ASuite.xml file. I searched for the last entry of the temp.txt file in my old ASuite.xml file. The next entry in the ASuite.xml file was "<PathIcon>$Drive\PortableApps\Launchy\Launchy.exe</PathIcon>". I replaced all "$Drive" entries by ".." and tried it again - and the suite starts successfully Very Happy It seems that there has something changed in the suite!?

Remarks:
- I've not changed my apps directory from PortableApps to MyApps, so I can further run the PortableApps suite, or both in parallel.
- I've renamed the start.exe in the root folder to StartLupo.exe, the other one is StartPortableApps.exe

Possible Lupo PenSuite enhancements:
- The import will not start if there is no start.exe in the root folder. I think it will be enough to look for an existing Launcher directory in the selected folder of the previous suite.
- Perhaps it will be possible to let the user select the apps and document folder for the import.
- Perhaps it will be possible to add an option to import only the menu tree without copying all apps (on users risk).

Also if I had some problems during the update, the Lupo PenSuite will keep my preferred suite.
It is the best suite I found until now!

ralix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupo73 Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:29 pm

I found the bug.. I'm fixing it and improving the Import Settings feature to work fine also with Zero version. I'll post here the new Zero subversion as soon as I complete it. Wink
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupo73 Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:09 pm

This is the new Lupo PenSuite (v6.71.1 Zero)
It may fix that bug and include some other code improvements (now the Import Settings tool has a special support for Zero version). Now may be also faster the importing of MyApps and MyFiles because that folders are moved (and not copied) during the import process.
Please, try it and tell me your opinion. Wink
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ralix Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:09 am

Ok, I've tested the new version and for me it's perfect Very Happy

I've changed my folder structure a little bit, so there is a Lupo PenSuite folder (or more) and only a link to the Start.exe in the root folder. If I now want to update to a new version, I only have to
1. extract the new version into the root folder
2. importing only the "customized menu"
3. creating a new link to the Start.exe in the root folder
and that's all Very Happy

Manny thanks for fast update!

I've also created a Desktop.ini file and two command files to set a folder icon for the Lupo suite

Desktop.ini
Code:
[.ShellClassInfo]
InfoTip=Lupo PenSuite Launcher
IconFile=.\Launcher\cache\0.ico
FolderIconEnabled.cmd
Code:
attrib +s "%cd%"
FolderIconDisabled.cmd
Code:
attrib -s "%cd%"
update - How to update Suite (Zero Version) Screen10 update - How to update Suite (Zero Version) Screen12

ralix

Back to top Go down

Post by ralix Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:09 am

Nearly perfect Wink

Is it possible to import also the menu configuration for the MyDocs, MyMusic, ... from the old ASuite.xml file
<Option><MenuFolders>...</MenuFolders></Option>?

ralix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupo73 Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:56 am

I can try to implement also this feature.. but with the Zero version it may already import the whole xml setting file. Are you now using another version?
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ralix Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:34 am

Ok, it can be that this was wrong since my last update try with previous version - that's possible!
So you can keep it like it is!

Many thanks again for the fast implementation of the new version!

Very Happy

ralix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupo73 Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:03 pm

I have done some other small improvements to the Suite Manager, with small changes to the Import Settings feature that now import also Skins during the process.
I have also added the Lupo Guide with Suite Manager, to have all-in-one the Suite tools.
In these days I'll try also to fix the Check Updates problem that make it unable to check Suite versions (it is a problem with the server, so when it will be fixed also old Suite releases could check updates fine).
Lupo73
Lupo73
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down